Organizations interested in knowing if they qualify for EHNAC accreditation must complete the Application form on the EHNAC web site.
A financial statement to verify your organization’s revenue must also be submitted. Examples of a suitable financial statement include a signed attestation from your accountant or CFO, a tax return or an annual report. Organizations that state they are at the highest revenue level do not need to submit this document.
Summary of the Accreditation Process
- Application Process:
- Complete the electronic Application form on the EHNAC Web site.
- A clarification letter is emailed to gather any required information.
- A detailed letter is emailed to the organization with the complete instructions on the application process.
- Log into the “Log an Application” portal and upload the signed Applicant Agreement and Sentinel Events documents and revenue verification in PDF format or fax to (860) 760-6630.
- Mail payment of applicable application fees [Annual fee, Multiple Program fee & site visit fee(s)] to EHNAC.
- Upon completion of the application process and approval, the EHNAC Self-Assessment zip file will be made available to the organization, the Site Reviewer will be assigned and they will be added to the EHNAC website Accreditation Status page as a candidate.
- The guidelines and all other documentation are available on the EHNAC web site for further review.
- Submit complete Self-Assessment via EHNAC Application Self-assessment portal 4 months before the expiration date. New Applicants can submit the Self-assessment as soon as it is completed before the due date.
- If the Self-Assessment contains sufficient satisfactory information and documentation a site visit will be scheduled to verify the information contained in the Self-Assessment. If the assigned site reviewer has questions, or do not feel it is complete, it may request the Self-Assessment be resubmitted before a date is set for the site visit(s).
- Mail Payment of the site visit expense fee to EHNAC.
- Applicant Organization approves Site Visit Report
- The Commission reviews and votes on the Site Visit Report.
- The organization will be informed whether the accreditation has been approved or denied.
- Upon approval of accreditation and payment of all fees the organization’s status is changed to Accredited on the website Accreditation Status page.