Organizations interested in knowing if they qualify for EHNAC accreditation must complete the Application form on the EHNAC web site.
A financial statement to verify your organization’s revenue must also be submitted. Examples of a suitable financial statement include a signed attestation from your accountant or CFO, a tax return or an annual report. Organizations that state they are at the highest revenue level do not need to submit this document.
Summary of the Accreditation Process
- Application Process:
- Complete the electronic Application form on the EHNAC Web site.
- A clarification letter is emailed to gather any required information.
- A detailed letter is emailed to the organization with the complete instructions on the application process.
- Log into the “Log an Application” portal and upload the signed Applicant Agreement and Sentinel Events documents and revenue verification in PDF format or fax to (860) 760-6630.
- Mail payment of applicable application fees [Annual fee, Multiple Program fee & site visit fee(s)] to EHNAC.
- Upon completion of the application process and approval, the EHNAC Self-Assessment zip file will be made available to the organization, the Site Reviewer will be assigned and they will be added to the EHNAC website Accreditation Status page as a candidate.
- The guidelines and all other documentation are available on the EHNAC web site for further review.
- Submit complete Self-Assessment via EHNAC Application Self-assessment portal 4 months before the expiration date. New Applicants can submit the Self-assessment as soon as it is completed before the due date.
- If the Self-Assessment contains sufficient satisfactory information and documentation a site visit will be scheduled to verify the information contained in the Self-Assessment. If the assigned site reviewer has questions, or do not feel it is complete, it may request the Self-Assessment be resubmitted before a date is set for the site visit(s).
- Mail Payment of the site visit expense fee to EHNAC.
- Applicant Organization approves Site Visit Report
- The Commission reviews and votes on the Site Visit Report.
- The organization will be informed whether the accreditation has been approved or denied.
- Upon approval of accreditation and payment of all fees the organization’s status is changed to Accredited on the website Accreditation Status page.
Accreditation by EHNAC is awarded based upon its review of the organization for that specific “point in time” that the accreditation process occurred. EHNAC is not responsible for any changes in policies, procedures or controls, processes or access that may occur subsequently in which it has no visibility or is unaware. It is the organization’s responsibility to report significant changes to us through our Sentinel Events policy.