EHNAC’s ePAP-N program has positioned EHNAC as a nationally recognized accreditation authority for e-prescribing networks and vendors. These programs assess electronic prescribing transactions for compliance with industry standards and government regulations, and provide an organization’s existing and prospective customers with confidence that appropriate risk-based security and privacy controls are in place and key performance metrics are being met on an ongoing basis.
EHNAC’s ePAP-EHN program
- Reduces risk to PHI and operations through the demonstration of a risk management program with effective controls that appropriately minimize threats.
- Prepares your organization for third party audits including HIPAA/HITECH compliance audits that are now being conducted for the Office of Civil Rights (OCR); trading partner audits (some payers require EHNAC accreditation as a condition of processing their transactions); and state compliance.
EPCSCP-Pharmacy and EPCSCP-Prescribing
EPCSCP-Pharmacy (e-Prescribing of Controlled Substances Certification Program for Pharmacy Applications) and EPCSCP-Prescribing (e-Prescribing of Controlled Substances Certification Program for Prescribing Applications) provide the following:
- Demonstration of compliance with stringent Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations.
- Ability to support the increasing demand for electronically prescribing controlled substances. While the basis for prescribing is the interim rule published in 2010, in 2018, The President signed into law the “SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act” which is a comprehensive bill aimed to address the opioid abuse epidemic, which includes a mandate for electronic prescribing of controlled substances for prescriptions covered under Medicare Part D Plans. The new law is effective January 1, 2021.
- Enhanced trust for your customers, trading partners, and other stakeholders.
EHNAC is one of five organizations currently approved by the DEA to be a certifier under this program. EHNAC is honored by this achievement and is pleased to join these other recognized certifiers. The full list can be found here.
To begin the application process for the e-Prescribing (ePAP) program, the e-Prescribing of Controlled Substances Certification Program for Pharmacy Applications (EPCSCP-Pharmacy) program, or the e- Prescribing of Controlled Substances Certification Program for Prescribing Applications (EPCSCP-Prescribing) program, please complete the application form through our website. Program criteria are located on the criteria page.
Also, are you looking for hands-on support to help you through the pre-assessment steps, readiness planning process and more? Learn about EHNAC’s Consulting and Advisory Services which have been designed to support the e-Prescribing Accreditation Programs.
-Paul L. Uhrig, Chief Administrative and Legal Officer, Chief Privacy Officer, Surescripts
– Adam Forman, Vice President and General Counsel Daw Systems, Inc.